“Education is evolving due to the impact of the Internet. We cannot teach our students in the same manner in which we were taught. Change is necessary to engage students not in the curriculum we are responsible for teaching, but in school. Period.” – April Chamberlain
I am a Technology Coach in a small, urban district located on the west side of Fort Worth.
My philosophical belief on education, and true passion in life, is that technology holds the key to making our lifelong learners a success. I pride myself on being a problem solver who has the rare ability to be a big picture thinker, yet able to work through the details of any project given. I hold a Master of Education in Educational Administration from Tarleton State University and a current principal’s certificate. I have a bachelor’s of Science in Interdisciplinary studies with my initial certification and teaching experience in K-5 elementary education. I have secondary teaching certificates in business, technology applications, and ESL with over 15 years in education.
My accomplishments and strengths include the following:
- Solid grasp on today’s technology, especially its implementation in the classroom. I enjoy digital design, digital troubleshooting and have a great deal of technological teaching experience with people of all age levels.
- Detailed understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Acrobat. I am knowledgeable in CSS and HTML. I have JAVA and C programming experience. I work proficiently in both a Windows and Mac environment. I have a deep passion for technology and its integration in the pedagogical environment.
- Innate familiarity with technology and ability to provide strong leadership for curriculum technology integration; knowledge of Web 2.0 tools and their effective integration in the academic settings.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Served as consultant/peer coach for new teachers to model/demonstrate instructional practices and provide them with timely feedback to assist them in moving to more student‐centered learning environments.
- Successful creation of campus curriculum and lesson plans for all technology application courses and CTE business courses that include the integration of web2.0 apps and other district offered technologies.
- Focused on being a team player and promoting positive school culture for all school stakeholders that include shared visions and continuous improvements for teachers and students.